We had such a great gardening season of spaghetti squash and I had so many recipes pinned on Pinterest I wanted to try but every time we made spaghetti for the family we used our spaghetti squash with our pasta sauce we canned. This past week, I wanted to try one of the recipes I pinned and made some adaptation to the recipe and BOY AM I GLAD I MADE THIS.
My picture does not do justice for this dish. I also gave myself a smaller portion, so if I would have given the proper portion of serving, the picture would be better. This mean was so good and we will be making this more often.
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Primavera
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- a couple of handfuls of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 15 cooked shrimp
- Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Fresh Basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 and roast spaghetti squash OR with a knife poke several times through the rhine of the spaghetti and place on a microwaveable plate for 10 minutes. You may need to add a little more time depending on the size of your squash. I just add a minute at a time. You will know when it is ready because it will be soft to the touch.
- Prepare shrimp by heating in a small pan with some olive oil. Not too long because remember it is cooked shrimp.
- In a medium-size pot add oil, garlic, and onion and saute for for 3-5 minutes
- Add in spaghetti squash and mix well
- Next you will add in sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, tomatoes or any other vegetables of choice and mix well.
- Add in the shrimp and mix well to combine.
- Finally top with fresh basil if you wish and fresh Parmesan (optional) and serve hot; taste and add Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.