Friday, January 23, 2015

Spagehtti Squash Shrimp Primavera Recipe

We had such a great gardening season of spaghetti squash and I had so many recipes pinned on Pinterest I wanted to try but every time we made spaghetti for the family we used our spaghetti squash with our pasta sauce we canned.  This past week, I wanted to try one of the recipes I pinned and made some adaptation to the recipe and BOY AM I GLAD I MADE THIS.

My picture does not do justice for this dish. I also gave myself a smaller portion, so if I would have given the proper portion of serving, the picture would be better.  This mean was so good and we will be making this more often.  
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Primavera


Ingredients:
  • 1 Spaghetti Squash
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
  • Kosher salt (to taste)
  • 2 handfuls fresh spinach
  • 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • a couple of handfuls of grape or cherry tomatoes
  • 15 cooked shrimp
  • Parmesan cheese (to taste)
  • Fresh Basil (optional)
Directions:

  1.  Preheat oven to 375 and roast spaghetti squash OR with a knife poke several times through the rhine of the spaghetti and place on a microwaveable plate for 10 minutes. You may need to add a little more time depending on the size of your squash.  I just add a minute at a time. You will know when it is ready because it will be soft to the touch.
  2. Prepare shrimp by heating in a small pan with some olive oil.  Not too long because remember it is cooked shrimp.
  3. In a medium-size pot add oil, garlic, and onion and saute for for 3-5 minutes
  4. Add in spaghetti squash and mix well
  5. Next you will add in sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, tomatoes or any other vegetables of choice and mix well.
  6. Add in the shrimp and mix well to combine.
  7. Finally top with fresh basil if you wish and fresh Parmesan (optional) and serve hot; taste and add Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...