Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Beauty of Winter

Here in Iowa I have to say Winter has been mild up until last weekend.  Let me correct that, mild meaning not very much snow this year.  Cold, well it has been very cold.  Our first major snow storm was this past weekend Super Bowl Weekend.  The stores were crazy on Saturday morning because of it being Saturday, the day before the Super Bowl and a couple of major snow storms for the weekend.  Saturday's and Sunday's snow total came to 11 inches.  Below is a picture of our deck.  I wanted to show what 11 inches of snow looks like.
I could not avoid the screen because the glass part of the window had so much frost on it.  Below is a picture of my buried butterfly/hummingbird garden. 
I took some pictures on my way to work.  I have never seen trees with so much snow on them like this.  It is absolutely beautiful but very harmful on the trees too.  Too much weight on the branches and if the wind picks up any the branches can snap.  However, it is so beautiful and the blue sky with all the beauty white I find is breath taking.  I shared a couple of my favorite tree shots on my Wordless Wednesday post.  If you have not seen them yet, please do check it out.
Above is one of the roads I have to drive as I head to work.  Just look at how beautiful it is! Below is at the end of the street I live on.  I thought it was a great shot for you all to see how deep the snow really is, just look at the sidewalk, the wall of snow.
 
 I fell in love with this church nearly 10 years ago.  I love the simple look, the brick front, the white columns, and the white steeple.  I have always thought what a beautiful picture it would be with a winter snow fall.  I finally took a picture of it and I absolutely love it.  
I loved it so much, I had to take a picture of it on my way home from work at night.  I love how the steeple is lit up at night.
Here is a straight shot of the church during the day.
Another shot at night.  I just love this church!
I have a love/hate relationship with Winter.  I love the beauty and love watching the kids have fun in the snow.  I hate the cold and what it does to my knees.  I hate driving on the slick roads, the shoveling and scrapping cars, however sometimes the beauty can out weigh the ugly...well as long as it is limited.  ;)

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.