Thursday, March 12, 2015

Leaving On A Jet Plane...

This morning I drove Ethan, my third oldest to the airport.  He is about to embark on a huge adventure for him.  He is going to Spain for two weeks with 19 other students.
This is so out of the ordinary for Ethan.  Ethan does not like change is comfortable with things staying the same.  He is very shy. He is a very picky eater. This is way out of his normal comfort zone and I am so proud he is actually doing this.  It is also his time flying ever!  Right now as I am typing this he is somewhere over the ocean on his way to Madrid, Spain.  Week one he will be sight seeing and then the second week he will be living with a sponsor family and going to school.  Joshua did this his Senior year as well. So far I have been fortunate where I have been able to cover at least 1/3 or a little more of the expense for each one of my three older boys and have called it good for my graduation gift to them.  They had to cover at least 1/3 of the expense on their own.  My oldest, Matthew went to Germany, Austria, and a little town in France where he performed with the high school orchestra.  Ethan has gone through so much this past year like everyone else but he is more affected than his brothers due to the fact he is still living at home and Noah has made threats to him with knives before I had to hide them and lock them in my bedroom closet.  I think it will be a nice break for the boys to be away from one another.  It will also be a nice break for Ethan not to deal with all the drama Noah creates.
I am so excited for him and cannot wait to hear about his adventures and see the pictures he took. 





Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I hope he LOVES it and has a fantastic time! Fedora and I both were able to travel internationally (once for me, twice for him) during high school and I think it really enriches a life. I'm sure it will be an adjustment initially for him, but I hope it inspires a lifelong love of travel, culture, and language. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.