As you may or may not know Angie from My So-Called Chaos and Kenie from Chasing My Extraodinary Life are hosting a year long challenge and each month is a new challenge. I chose not to participate with March, it was saving money and with Ethan's Spain Trip and Graduation coming up, I knew I would not be able to save anything in the month of March. This month though is a reading challenge. You are supposed to set a goal for reading books and post reviews all month. I plan on posting a lot of books I have read and not reviewed as of yet, this will be a good reason to get them done. My goal will only be one book this month, but it is a large book at that among all the other task I have to get done this month because May is approaching quickly for Ethan's graduation. The book I plan to challenge myself and complete is the first book of Game of Thrones. This book has 704 pages, so I will not feel bad for only reading one book.
I also plan on participating with my favorite swap Books & Bloggers Swap hosted by Chaotic Goddess... sign ups are now. Here is the load down and if you are interested, go on over by clicking my link and sign up.
Your Swap Objective:
Get to know your fellow book-loving partner and send them a fantastic bookish package.
Your package must include:
- A book from your partner's wishlist.
- A book you have read and loved.
- A book you haven't read, but think looks interesting. (Can also be on their wishlist.)
- *Optional* Other book-related goodies.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Sign-ups Open: Monday, March 30th.
- Sign-ups Close: Monday, April 6th.
- Giveaway Ends: Tuesday, April 7th.
- Partners Assigned by: Wednesday, April 8th.
- Packages Ship: on or by Saturday, April 18th.
- Show-Off Linky Opens: Wednesday, April 22nd.
Books 'n' Bloggers Rules:
- After being accepted, you must post on your blog saying you're participating. Post must include the button/link back to the sign-ups and must be posted within 3 days of signing up.
- Packages must include three books as per the Swap Objectives above.
- Send books that fit your partner's preferences as best you can.
- No price limits-but make sure it's a package you yourself would love to receive.
- Used books are OK as long as they are in good condition.
- You must respond to host's & partner's emails in a timely fashion.
- Packages MUST be mailed on or before Saturday, April 18th. (if you have any problem please contact hosts and partner immediately.)
- All packages REQUIRE tracking when shipped. This tracking number must be emailed to your partner and to Chaotic Goddess Swaps when your package is sent out.
- Flaking wont be tolerated. If you sign up for the swap you are making a commitment to participate and follow through. Flakers will automatically be added to our Blacklist.
- After receiving your package, you must post about it on your blog and link up with the show-off linky when it is open. This is non-negotiable.