Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Book Review~ Heaven Is For Real


Heaven is for Real
by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

I have not seen the movie for this book yet but I have to say I enjoyed the book y.  I want to believe but there have been other books which have been similar and came to truth it was all fraud.  Anything to make a buck.  Regardless if the entire story is real or not, I love the idea of seeing and being with loved ones when we pass away.  I want to believe right now my Dad is with my Grandpa and his parents as well as my nephew.  

The book tells the story of four year old Colton Burpo's illness and what he and his family experienced while he was sick.  Colton shares a little at a time where he went while he was unconscious during surgery.  He describes heaven when he went to visit for a little while.  I kept getting goose bumps when read about Colton's experience, just like now as I am typing this little review.  Colton not only shared what heaven looked like but also talked about people who passed prior like his great grandpa and his sister who he never met nor knew of, his Mom miscarried her years before his birth.   This book reminds me that we have a hope and a future to be with our loved ones who have passed before us.  I loved the simple story of this book and I do plan to watch the movie.



Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I loved the book! I haven't seen the movie yet, either, but my daughter and I plan to watch it this summer when she's home for college.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.