Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Confessional


It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.
I confess...

It has been so long since I have done a Friday Confessional and this week my emotions were all over the place.

I confess...

It began with my son's graduation.  I need to back up one week prior.  It was the first weekend we did not have Taj in six weeks so we had to hit the outdoor work hard.  Saturday, I worked hard on the front landscape.   While I was working a cardinal was hanging out near me.  Cardinals are special birds my Grandpa Rich would tell us.  He told us our passed loved one's spirit will come visit in cardinals and butterflies.  I have seen cardinals a lot in our yard this year.


I confess...

The day after Ethan graduated, I sat on our bed and was reflecting on the past two days and wishing how my Dad could have been there.  Our window was open and all of a sudden I heard "Cheer, Cheer."  I looked up and on a tree branch I saw a cardinal looking towards me singing "Cheer, Cheer."  Did you know that is the sound of a cardinal?  I smiled and said "Thank you Dad." and the bird flew away.  I knew then, my Dad was there through out all of it.

I confess...

I love my employer so much!  Wednesday they treated everyone and one adult guest to a ball game and all the food, hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, popcorn, peanuts, cookies, pop, beer, and bottled water we wanted.  It was such a great night for Todd and I to get away.  The weather was perfect, the seats were great, the company was fun, and the Kernels won.
 
 
  a

I confess...

The next day was tough and we had to lose a family member.  I know it was the right thing to do.  She went so peacefully.

I confess...

Tomorrow we are going to the Farmer's Market to pick up a special little yard ornaments for both of our little fur babies we have lost.  We lost Libby five years ago this August, she was nearly 13 years at the time.  Tilly is the one in the background. 

 

I confess...

We finalized our vacation plan.  All of our reservations and tours have been made.  It is going to be so much fun.  I cannot wait to be on vacation!

What do you have to confess this week?





Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Love your landscaping! Looks like you had fun at the game. Where are you going for vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys got a lovely baseball date night! And that you have vacation coming up. You deserve a break! I'm so sorry about Tilly. An ornament is a great way to remember her, though! (when my pup, Dory, died, my mom planted a yellow rose bush in her favorite spot in the yard)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.