Thursday, May 28, 2015

Good-Bye Tilly

Today I had to say good-bye to a friend.  Yes, she was my friend.
 
Tilly would have been 22 years old in two months.  She was so in tuned to our feelings.  Whenever someone was upset she was there to love us and comfort us.  Her quality of life has gone down so quickly.  Last Friday afternoon she threw up and had blood in it.  What disturbed me more was she just laid down in it after she was done.  It was the sign we knew it was time for her.  We were told that there was a good chance she had diabetes, hypothyroidism, and/or cancer.  We were told what we did was giving her a gift to die in dignity.  
I will miss you my sweet Tilly.  I love you.

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jolene! You're making me misty eyed. So sorry to hear about Tilly. It's always hard to lose a pet, but especially when they've been a part of your life for so long! Take care, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22 years old! That's incredible. She looks like an absolutely sweetheart, and I'm sorry for your family's loss. I'm also glad, though, that our Fat Joe will have someone to keep him in line in the cat afterlife. What a sweet kitty face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me sad. She looks a little like my Lacy. I love cats. They are in tune to our feelings, and when I love on her, it's like automatically lowering my blood pressure. I know you will miss Tilly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.