Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Graduation Weekend ~ The Party


This past weekend was a very emotional one.  My third child graduated.  I knew this one was going to be a tough one.  Ethan has been my easiest child to raise.  He is so typical middle child, very laid back and can be overlooked so easily and has been by extended family members and with all the issues Noah caused, I feel Ethan’s senior year was not what it should have been.  However May I made sure to make extra efforts to make him feel special.  When we went to pick out his tuxedo for prom, he was trying to find the cheapest tuxedo.  I told him not to worry about the expense, I wanted him to get what he wanted and looks good in.  I told him we are not even going to ask for the cost and just get what is best for him.  I loved his smile he gave me. 

Ethan’s party was a huge success.  At one time we had about 30 of his friends in our backyard, deck, porch, or house of course some did not stick around but many did.  He ended up having five or six teacher showing up as well.  The weather was beautiful and besides the food, display of his work throughout elementary, junior high, and high school, slide show, and board to display pictures of your honoree we had outdoor games for people to play, such as badminton, Frisbee, and the wiffle ball catch game.  The games are what kept the kids in the yard.  Several of Ethan’s friends told him he had the best party.  This made my son feel great and exactly what I wanted him to feel.  I am so happy his party was a success.
 
 My special banner I bought from Patty's Pretty Things Etsy shop
 Outdoor seating.
Please ignore how the deck needs cleaned and resurfaced.
We did not have enough time to get it done prior to the party
due to Noah and having Taj for five weekends in a row.
 Part of the indoor seating
 Ethan's picture board, 2nd Grade Class Poetry Book, and Ethan's Senior Picture/Guest book.
Ethan's slide show presentation along with a photo of my Dad and Ethan. Two months before my Dad died, he asked me if Ethan was going to graduate that May.  When I told him no it was next year he had so much disappointment in his eyes.  I know what he was thinking.  I think he thought he would try to hold out because he wanted to be there, but he knew he could not hold out for another year.  Knowing this I wanted something of my Dad there and thought this picture of the two was a loving tribute and Ethan can have the picture and frame as a keepsake.
 I did not get a nice close up of his pictures beginning 
Kindergarten up through his Senior year.
 The table with some of his school work display prior to the prairie home.
 
 Ethan works at Hy-Vee a grocery chain found in Iowa and Nebraska.
Hy-Vee's gift to all of their employees who their graduating is a full sheet cake.
They will decorate it to our chose as well.  What a wonderful gift!
 The graduate with his cake.
 Let
 the games
 begin!
Inside hanging out near the food.





At the beginning of the party I found two special uninvited guest.
 

 Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the party was a huge success Jolene! Ethan seems like such a happy guy. Your place looks great. Thanks for showing me the banner. I have those framed photos of each of our kids grade school photos too hanging in the hallway. We love them! having the photo of your dad there was very thoughtful. And the cake looks yummy! Wow, Taj is really growing up! So good to hear from you. I was thinking of you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...