Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Confessional



It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.  

I confess...

I love the place I work, but I hate my hours.  10:30 a.m until 7 p.m.  It is so hard to get anything done before work because Todd comes home at 4:30 a.m and crawls into bed about 6:30 a.m.  and arriving home about 7:15 p.m.  really stinks as well.  I am going to try to get onto a new team with an earlier start time.  I hope I do not have to wait very long.  It will also allow Todd and I to have more time with one another since he works
7 p.m to 3 or 4 a.m.


I confess...

I created a 50 x 50 list sometime in the past couple of months.  I am happy to announce I was able to cross off my first of many to come.  I posted about it yesterday.  Going to the Art Festival.

I confess...

This weekend I will be crossing off another one and who knows maybe two.  Todd and I will begin our Summer Weekend Adventures.  The weekends we are not watching Taj, we plan to travel around Iowa and see interesting places in our state.  I have been highlighting many places to stop in my book Jenni gave me in the last book swap.  You can read about it here if you missed it. Thank you Jenni again for my wonderful books!

I confess...

My first two official flowers of the summer has been taken last night.  My rose bush has many roses.
 
The first of many of my Asiatic Lilies have bloomed.
 
We put up a new fence for my lily garden to keep the rabbits out.  I am in hopes they will spread now.  I actually am going to see three of my Oriental Lilies bloom.  I planted them I think five to seven years ago and have never seen them bloom once yet because the rabbits eat them.  I am uber excited to see them.  I know one of them is a Stargazer Lily.  I planted two of them and a Casa Blanca and I cannot remember the fourth one, some type of Star in the name.  I only have three of the four plants come up so we will see.

I confess...

I am so happy I have been doing a better job blogging on my garden blog.  I plan to post some about the garden on here but I am going to try to post at least monthly on the garden blog.

What do you have to confess this week?

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. I'm touched to see you appreciate the little things and battle for the big ones. What a truly inspiring lady you are, Dear Friend. I hope you manage to change the hours at work as it would improve your life a bit further.
    Holding you close in my prayers. Lots of roses but no lilies yet for me.
    Enjoy the weekend,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read your garden blog. Your roses are so pretty....and such a deep color. I love them!

    Your weekend adventures sound like fun. I can't wait to read about them! I hope that y'all can enjoy your time together considering your tough schedules. I hope that a new work schedule can be arranged for you.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you have a garden blog, too. I need to be reading that, too.

    Thanks for joining Friday Confessional. I linked you up since I was behind this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome on crossing those 50x50 list items off. YAY!
    And I hope you're able to get earlier hours ASAP. Working off-shift from your husband just stinks. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals