Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday. 

I confess...

I created this little cartoon caricature for my header on our weekend adventures around Iowa.  I wanted something fun.  I am going to re-cycle some post from the past regarding visits here in Iowa.  Watch for post to begin next week.

 
I confess...
I have mentioned before how I love where I work, well here is another reason why I love it and how we have fun.  Yesterday our upper management participated in the 3rd Annual MediRevv Cook Off and we all had the pleasure to judge the cook off. 
 Displaying IMG_20150618_113421258_HDR.jpg
Starting upper right and moving clockwise: 
MediMac (also known as macaroni and cheese): There were two versions of this regular or spicy.  I chose the regular.  The actual macaroni and cheese was good but what sent it over the top was the garlicky crumbs sprinkled on top.  This was served with a sweet cranberry/apple wine.  Too sweet for my taste. 
Blazzin'Buffalo Chicken Flatbread: This was delicious!  The chicken was perfect and not dry and had just the right amount of heat placed on top of a crisp grilled flatbread.
Life-Changing Cinnamon Baked French Toast:  Oh My Goodness! This was made of layers of French bread which was caramelized at the bottom and had such a creamy and touch of vanilla taste in the middle.  We were able to top it with Ontario maple syrup (I barely put any on mine and it was perfect this way.) fresh picked blue berries and raspberries and fresh whipped cream.  It was paired with a mimosa.   
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese Won Tons:  The buffalo chicken harmonized well with the macaroni and cheese, very creative to blend into one delicious taste.  This heavenly mixture was mixed with either shredded cheddar cheese or blue cheese and placed inside a perfectly crisp won ton cup.  Mmmm... very delicious.
Southern Comfort BBQ Ribs:  Oh!  Ribs are one of my favorite meals and the chefs did not let me down one bit with their version.  They smoked them to perfection and used their own homemade BBQ sauce.  It was paired with fresh baked cornbread and cinnamon butter spread. 
Roy's Jefe Cubano:  I could have this for lunch ever day!  I have no idea what type of bread was used, but it was perfect, not a heavy bread it was grilled and inside was a honey glazed ham, mojo roasted pork, creamy Swiss cheese with a slice of crispy zesty dill pickle with a wonderful Caribbean music in the background. 
I confess...
It was hard to chose just one but the Cubano sandwich was my choice and ended up winning.  This was fun.  I felt like I was on Top Chef.
I confess...
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Untitled


3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...