Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday. 

I confess...

I started to post my Iowa Adventures series this week.  If you missed them check them out.  I posted two new adventures and recycled one adventure.

I confess...

I have blogged this before about my love for the Amish and how I was a huge Little House On The Prairie fan when I was younger.  I was into Holly Hobby dolls anything pioneer.  Laura Ingalls Wilder was one of my favorite authors when I was a child.

I confess...

A few months ago, my cousin and I were talking about our ancestors and she told me about findgraves.com  where there were some pictures of our Great Grandpa Rich.  She asked me if our Great Grandfather was Amish.  I looked at the picture and told her it did not look Amish but possibly Mennonite.  We both giggled because she is a lot like me and we mentioned how we will have to ask our Aunt Julie.

I confess...

My sister Amy was visiting my Grandma Rich a couple of weeks after my cousin and I were talking.  She had no idea of our conversation.  She came home from her visit and told me that my Aunt Julie brought up our Great Grandpa Rich was a Mennonite.  I love it. 

My Great Grandpa is the litle boy sitting in the middle next to his Mom in the front row. 

I confess...

My sister informed me something even neater.  My Aunt Julie told her my Great Grandma Fuller (Katherine Colby) is a relative to Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I am so stoked about that. 


I confess...

I have always wanted to go to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, however I never knew there was one here in Iowa.  I found this out through the book I was given in the last book swap.  This weekend on our Iowa Adventure, we are headed up to the museum.  This weekend is actually Laura Days, where the town celebrates Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I am so excited and hope the rain stays away so we can actually go instead of planning.  I will be able to cross off another 50 x 50 item off the list. 

What do you have to confess this week?

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your Laura Ingels Wilder adventure! That's pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that there's a LIW museum near you….
    BTW I love Holly Hobbie, too! I swear we're soul sisters. I had a Holly Hobbie lunch box in fourth grade. I loved it!

    I found some neat Holly Hobbie Christmas candle holders on Etsy and Ebay and I'm
    seriously thinking about getting one or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to confess today! I love your old photos, and being related to L I Wilder is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! I can't wait to see and hear what Laura Days is like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...