Friday, June 19, 2015

Literary Friday~ If I Stay

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)

This book... this book.  I just cannot find the right words for this book.  The book was full of flash backs and the author did a wonderful job explaining details, I felt like was actually there.  This book truly touched me.  I found myself actually having tears roll down my cheeks from time to time.

The main character is Mia and she is eighteen and is musically gifted cellist.  She is very much laid back but has a polar opposite best friend.  Her family seems to be the perfect family and her boyfriend is the type all the girls drool over. Mia finds she is in positions she is constantly having to make choice, very much like everyone.  Does she chose to follow her dreams and go to Julliard or she can stay with her family and be near her boyfriend who is the love of her life and follow her heart instead.  Mia is constant battle if she should stay or if she should go until one fateful morning, her entire world is spun out of control and life is entirely different yet she still has to make a choice if she should stay or if she should go?
The author does a beautiful job describing tender moments surrounded by grief.  I found myself laughing or smiling some moments and crying others.  I found myself cheering her boyfriend on.  The only thing I found disappointing was the ending.  I did not like how it ended but then I found out there is a sequel.  I will be reading the sequel to see if I get the ending I wanted.

I am linking this up to Art@Home's linky party.  You can click on the icon below to find other book reviews or if you write book reviews you are welcome to join in on the party and add your review for others to enjoy.

Untitled


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Jolene! Have you seen the movie yet? I would love to read this book…..but if the sequel isn't out yet, then I'd like to wait and read them one after the other. I'm going to Goodreads and check it out!

    Have a great weekend! I can't wait to read about your Iowa adventures! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listening to this one as an audiobook and vacillated between loving it and feeling like it was maudlin. I suppose I felt she didn't really have a choice: her boyfriend, her friends, the nurses...everyone alive was SO epically amazing and supportive and good and trying so hard to let her know she was loved. Who would choose oblivion over all that love? But the prose was lovely, and I enjoyed the family dynamic. Hopefully the movie is good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this book and movie, but now I know what it's about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...