Sunday, July 26, 2015

7 Years and Going Strong!

This is a recycled post, originally posted July 26, 2012.
I would like to add 7 years now and I am more in love with the man
I married.  He is my soul mate and I know God
Guided him to me as well as me to him.
In our seven years, we have only spent one year in Iowa for our anniversary.
This year we are in Yellowstone, tonight
tent camping near the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.
I cannot think of a more beautiful place to be with such a beautiful man.
We never had that honeymoon, but I am going to count this because it is
also our first vacation away for more than three days
without any of the children.

Today is Our Anniversary, our 4th although we have been living with one another now for 7 1/2 years. We are celebrating it in Rehoboth Beach, DE for most of the day on a family vacation with my sons, Ethan and Noah as well as my Mom. Later we will be driving to Dover, DE and spending the night. We have plans for my Mom to watch the boys at the hotel while we go out for dinner. I hope it is some great seafood restaurant since we are on the East Coast. I figure, we live in the Midwest so the seafood should be much better on the East Coast, since corn and pork is much better where I am from, makes sense to me.

The two of us never really had a honeymoon or even a honeymoon phase in our relationship. We sort of just jumped in like "old married couples", I think mainly because we both had been married for 15 and 16 years to another person and had children from the previous marriage. We both had custody of our children making it a house suddenly of 6 children, 17 year old, 15 year old, 14 year old, 12 year old, 8 year old, and a 5 year old. We had so many teens right from the start. We have had a lot of trials with our children but I love how we stood together and support one another.

He is still my prince charming and means the world to me. I still feel very fortunate that he is my boys' step-father. Here is my favorite wedding picture of the two of us. You can just see how happy we truly are.


And of the family, our first Family picture. A day everyone was happy. The girls even cried.


Click here to read about last two years Reflections along with many more wedding pictures.

Happy Anniversary Todd, I love you!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope you're having a wonderfully fun, romantic time together. You two are truly beautiful, and so very clearly in love. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty wedding photos….and I hope y'all have a wonderful anniversary celebration! Any fires out there???? Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...