Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Confessional ~ Plus a Recipe

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday. 

I confess...

Last Saturday on way back from our adventure, Todd and I stopped and picked up our print we purchased at the Art Festival.  I took it in the weekend we bought it and had it custom framed.  I absolutely love it!


I confess...

The honeysuckle vine I Todd planted a couple of weeks ago is beginning to bloom.  I hope it attracts humming birds like in my print.


I confess...

My day lilies are finally blooming and I love the variety I have.
 My favorite Day Lily ~ Joylene
I confess...

While Christian was in the dentist office I found a recipe I tried this past Sunday.  We loved it and it will be made again.  I cannot give credit to the magazine I was looking at unfortunately.

 Peach,Tomato, and Basil Salad
Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp of white balsamic vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 medium pitted, peaches.  Each cut into 8 wedges
  • 3 medium cored, sliced horizontally 1/4 inch thick
  • 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. In a small bow, whisk together vinegar and olive oil.
  2. Arrange peach wedges and tomato slices on a platter.
  3. Drizzle dressing on top.
  4. Sprinkle with basil.
  5. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve immediately.
What do you have to confess this week?

Untitled

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty print! And thanks for posting the recipe. The salad sounds refreshing! Pretty daylily, too!!!

    Happy Independence Day, my Sweet Friend!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print and your honeysuckle vines.. Life imitating art, art imitating life?? :) Finally getting back to blogging. You'll be seeing a lot of me Jolene. :) I hope you had a happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have truly missed your blogs Mimi. No one can make me laugh like you do, well Todd does. ;P Thanks for the compliment of the print.

      Delete
  3. I love your print! And your recipe looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Forgetfulone. We fell in love with the actual painting, it has such vibrant colors but we could not pay as much as the artist was asking and deserved, so we chose his print. The artist is from Wisconsin and has had a few of his prints turned into stamps. How cool is that?!

      Delete
  4. I never would have thought to combine peaches and tomatoes. YUM! I love how everything is blooming for you, too. I hope it brings the hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals