Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday. 


I confess...

We have three tents among us.  I have a ten man tent, Todd has an eight man tent, and Matthew has a six man tent.  All we needed was the tent to be no bigger than 12 x 12 for the campgrounds we have reservations in Yellowstone.  We did not even bother with looking at mine when we found out Todd's was 18 x 12.  Next Matthew's, his was 13 x 10.  Yep too big, close but too big.  Todd asked me if I thought we could not stake it up all the way out but I told him I did not think that is a good idea in case of the wind picks up.  He agreed.

I confess...

We now have a fourth tent and it is 10 x 12.  After we are back from vacation we plan on putting it up in the backyard and having a backyard camp out with Taj to test him.  We will make a bon fire and smores again with him.

I confess...

I am excited about camping out under the stars in Yellowstone, but I am not going to lie I am a little nervous at the same time.  I have never camped out with many different types of wild life.  Oh, maybe foxes and raccoons but Bison, Bears, Elk, etc.  Not where we cannot have food in the tent or cook outdoors near our tent.  I think it is the Bison that scare me the most.

I confess... 

After 6 pm I will not be drinking anything because I will not be getting out of the tent to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  NO WAY JOSE!

I confess...

Just a little anxiety, just like driving up the mountains BUT I know I am going to have one heck of a time and see such beauty, so it will make up for any anxiety I have or will not have.

I confess...

We will be leaving exactly two weeks from today and I have all of my post scheduled to be published for the nine days we will be away from home sweet home.  Many will be recycled post about Iowa Adventures but some new ones I am excited that I will be posting.  I just have one left, my Literary Friday post to complete.

I confess...

This weekends adventure is not far it is within the corridor.  We are going to a BBQ and Blues festival.  We have always wanted to do this but never did.  This will be our year for always wanted to do and then go do it.

What do you have to confess?
Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I confess that I don't camp….I went once and got bitten by every insect within a one mile range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a fun summer! Good for you, Jolene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are i for some fun times! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals