Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lake MacBride State Park


This is a recycled post, originally posted October 22, 2014

I love love love the beauty of Autumn and this weekend I was so HAPPY Todd and I were able to go out to Lake MacBride State Park to view the beauty and in hopes of getting some great pictures.  I am so HAPPY with a lot of my photos.  I actually took a photo I have always envisioned taking.  I hope you enjoy them too.

 The first three are my absolute favorites.
 This shot, I was standing on a large rock in the middle of the spill way.
I was scared but not as scared as taking a picture of the water drop.
 This is a picture I have always dreamed of taking.  
An empty road lined with beautiful Autumn leaves.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Below is the edge of the drop off.  I was shaking from fear of the heights.




I cannot even imagine the beauty these family see daily living near the lake.
The only down fall would be when it floods.
Below do you see the large rock near the tree trunk?
It's near the right side.  In front of the rock and behind the log is a patch of grass.
Well that was where I was standing taking picture number two.
I then ventured out to another rock to take the drop off picture.
I could not have made it out there without Todd's assistance.
He took the picture below.  He climbed this very steep mound.
I sent my camera with him.



 Lake MacBride State Park is only 53 minutes from Iowa City.

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. I feel cooler just reading your post and enjoying all the lovely images of water and autumn. Fall is right around the corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful all the fall foliage is! Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals