Friday, July 10, 2015

Literary Friday ~ The Cupcake Diaries

Sweet On You (The Cupcake Diaries, #1)

The Cupcake Diaries: SWEET ON YOU by Darlene Panzera.  To be honest, I was attracted to this book because of the cover.  Oh, you would think I would learn.  I was in hopes there would be some hidden recipes but there were none.  The main character Andi Burke is a single Mom struggling and it has been her dream have a cupcake shop.  She gets her sister Kim and their best friend Rachel to help and the three women open Creative Cupcakes. 

As you can imagine Andi has to struggle and one department she is struggling is financially and she needs some help to assist the finance for the store.  She has a knight in shinning armour appear, dreamy reporter Jake Hatman.  The two have daughters who happened to be in the same class.  Jake's daughter tends to be mean to Andi's daughter.  Andi begins to date Jake, this is both of their first dates in many years, for Andi since her divorce, for Jake since his wife passed away from her illness. 

Things were looking up for the little cupcake shop until Pat the instructor of the Zumba class which is held accross the street intervines.  Andi has a struggle to have the community backing all because of Pat. 

This book is somewhat a cute little book a very quick read.  If you are into romance you may like this book.  I was just disappointed because there were no recipes and it was way too predictable for me.  I like a little more depth to a story and I felt this was a little shallow.

 
What have you been reading? I am linking this up to Art@Home's linky party. You can click on the icon below to find other book reviews or if you write book reviews you are welcome to join in on the party and add your review for others to enjoy.

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. There seems to be a trend in Chick Lit books and that's recipes. I can see why you'd be disappointed given the title. I love it when there are recipes in books! Thanks for linking-up, Sweetie. Sorry you were disappointed in this week's book. Bummer!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    PS I hope you have a fun adventure this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this was a disappointment! I had a similar issue with On What Grounds, although at least that one has recipes in it (in fact, the entire series has great recipes in it...it's a shame the plot is shallow and patronizing, given the recipes look amazing). That cover is adorable, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great book, Jolene. I read something awhile back that had a really similar story line and now the name escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to read book reviews and get new ideas. That's why my to-be-read list is so long! And now, I want a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals