Friday, July 24, 2015

Literary Friday ~ Insurgent


Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

I absolutely loved "Divergent" by Veronica Roth.  I also loved the movie.  I had no problems at all reading the next book in the series "Insurgent".  The book picks up exactly where "Divergent" left off.  The Dauntless and Erudite factions are on the hunt for Tris and Four and any other person who is divergent.  In this book we find out why Jeanine dislikes divergent and wants to eradicate them.  The readers find out Four's mother is not dead and is basically the leader of the factionless.  Tris struggles with the fact she killed Will and her parents dieing.  Her world is in total up roar and she finds she is more Abnegation than she thought.  What I did not like about the book was how Tris and Four pulled away from one another.  I was relieved the movie did not portray this.  I am definitely anxious to read the next book in the trilogy. 
 
What have you been reading? I am linking this up to Art@Home's linky party. You can click on the icon below to find other book reviews or if you write book reviews you are welcome to join in on the party and add your review for others to enjoy.
 
Untitled

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but Shanley loves it. Sometimes dystopian novels freak me out. ;P

    I'm linking this up for you….I hope you don't mind! I was late getting my post up today. I slept in!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for these books! Happy weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read. My list of books to read is getting so long. I'm visiting from Literary Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that trilogy! Great post, it makes me want to go re-read...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.