Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday. 


I confess...

I cannot wait to begin to post about my vacation.  I am waiting for the computer have uploaded all the photos.  I should just jump on the computer when Todd is in the shower and save all the photos to the external hard drive so I can add them and post on the lap top.

I confess...

It was hard to go back to work.  I truly had such a great time away.  I missed the kids and grandson, but it was so beautiful and educational.

I confess...

There were some bad things about vacationing.  I learned I am not good as a passenger while driving in the mountains.  When we went two years ago, I was afraid but I was not as vocal as I was this time.  I think I tried to keep it in more because we had children with us.  I found myself crying out to God once and nearly puking from being so terrified.  I found Dramamine became my friend quick.  I woke up with my stomach nauseous nearly every day just thinking about the car ride.

I confess...

I think my husband thought I was over exaggerating about the road I felt like I was going to puke on.  When we took our tour Yellowstone in A Day, he commented he knew exactly where I felt like that because he was looking out the window and felt uneasy too because you could see the drop down.

I confess...

The first night we stayed in Yellowstone we stayed in Canyon Village which is the highest elevation.  It was our anniversary night too.  I think we had the worse campsite.  It was not flat at all.  Poor Todd slid on the air mattress into the tent wall.  It was a bit chilly but we survived.  Night two we stayed in the snow lodge at Old Faithful, during the day it rained and was very cold.  It also snowed that night in Canyon Village. We were so happy not to be camping that night.  The third night we tent camped again, this time in Lake Village, near Yellowstone Lake.

I confess...

The third night we camped was the most miserable time I have EVER camped.  It was supposed to get down to 36 but NO, Yellowstone showed us how drastic the temperatures can change.  We were so cold.  I slept with my winter pj bottoms and jeans over them.  A t-shirt, with a zipped up sweater and hood.  Over the sweater I wore a hooded sweat shirt.  Now I also had a stocking cap we picked up earlier in the day and wore both hoods.  I still froze.  Our bon fire, I did not feel much comfort with.  I sat in my chair as close to the fire I could and a blanket over me, just feeling miserable.  I ended up going to bed early wanting the warmth of the four blankets.

I confess...

Four blankets were NOT enough.  The condensation of our breath that night created the top two blankets to be wet.  When we woke up we had to hurry to get everything packed up to be at Old Faithful for one of our tours.  There was frost on the tent and my hands froze taking it down.  The low that night was 23 degrees NOT 36 as predicted.  However the high the next day was in the mid-80s.

I confess...

We will never tent camp inside Yellowstone again.  We enjoyed our time 100% and I hope you come back to read about all the goodness and good times we did have.

What do you have to confess this week?
Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Yellowstone. That sounds so fun...except tent camping in the cold. Not so much. I love tent camping, but I don't do cold gracefully at all.

    So fun fact, about 20 years ago, my husband worked at Yellowstone for a season in the kitchen at Old Faithful Inn. He'll be happy to hear y'all stayed at his old stomping grounds.

    Thanks for joining the party. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live on a mountain, and there are several hairpin curves en route, and when folks from New Orleans or other flat places visit it freaks them out. My MIL never could get over it….She did not like driving up the mountain at all!

    I can't wait to see your photos. I need a vacation badly, and Trip certainly does, but he can't take the time off work…there is no one to cover his cases. Our new normal, I guess….

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry the camping was awful! :( And that you were so scared (and I totally understand- I hate sheer dropoffs, and even just regular cliffs). I can't believe it was SO COLD at night. I mean...it's August! This should be their warmest nighttime temperatures! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burrrrr... that sounds pretty chilly! Glad you survived! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals