Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday.


I confess...

I took a tiny break to deal with home.  I needed to concentrate on getting Noah in the right place. Darn it... I mean Christian.  This is going to be hard to call him by his middle name as he requested.  Any way, he has been much better after returning from his Dad's this Summer.  The only problem is his sleep schedule has been totally out of wack.  Dad allowed him to sleep all day and stay up all night.

I confess...

This was a little adjustment but he also had access to his computer the entire time. He understood his hours will drop to 2 hours/day during the week and he can have 6 hours/day on the weekend or basically when there is no school.  I believe this caused some anxiety issues for him.  He is so wrapped up with the Internet. 

I confess...

He was also a little concerned about drama his friends and he seem to create.  They feed off of one another and he is aware of this.  He was excited to begin school in order to find more friends and possibly a group who create less drama.

I confess...

I think I handled this well this time.  We sat down and talked about what he was willing to share.  I pointed out he will have school work first as a responsibility and due to the classes he chose he will not have as much free time during the week for the computer.  I think he understood because he seems to be okay with it for now. 

I confess...

We have the first week under our belt of his Sophomore year and it looks good so far.  He agreed with me that he was thinking irrational by wanting to quit Show Choir and he was glad I told him to hold off and think more about it when his emotions were settled down. 

I confess...

I gave him a small vial of Essential Oil sample I received for anxiety/stress named Stress Away.  I told him to keep it in his pocket and he can smell it if he feels anxiety approaching and if it is a rough day he can place a little on his wrist and jaw as well.  He did use it once this week he said and it worked.  *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF*

I confess...

We also scheduled all of his therapy sessions for the rest of the year, so he has ease there knowing the schedule for therapy.

I confess...

Sunday I plan to catch up and comment on the blogs I follow and will be back on Monday blogging as I have in the past. 

What do you have to confess about this week.

Untitled

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! I confess that I haven't been working out this week like I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you seem to have made a good fist of dealing with your sons situation this week... I know how hard it is dealing with teenagers that also have other issues.. my grandson is aspergers, and has moved out as he is the only one who knows whats good for him, even if it is called Weed... anyway, my confession is that I started radiotherapy this week and so far, I seem to have energy galore until around 9 when I just switch off and want to sleep.. they did warn me this might happen.. so far its not ben too bad.. was quite worried at first.. still only another 12 days of treatement then its over with one year checks.. by the way I have had to stop my other blog Rosiedayze, because it would not let me post anything.. so if you are interested at all I have another one... try mother five@blogspot and then look for tales from Janzi;s world... thinking of you and hoping this week will be a good one for all your family janzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I've done NOTHING all day.....and it's been *great*

    I hope Christian has an amazing year in school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Christian the best of luck with finding a drama-free group! That will definitely help combat anxiety. And the ups and downs that come with being that age- I recall wanting to quit things I loved, many times. Thank goodness my parents made me stick it out, too. I'm glad the oils are helping him! I do the same thing at work- I have a vial of Wild Orange essential oil and when I'm emotionally upset and need a boost, I uncap it and take a whiff. I can definitely see more anxiety in the lives of teenagers, with the internet- it's a permanent record of all your bad moments PLUS there's this pressure to have a presence, keep up with everything all the time, do/say/look "right" on it, etc. I *know* maintaining a social media presence is a full time job (usually paid, at companies) and there are times I still feel like I'm doing it wrong because I'm not on there all the time. And I'm old enough to know better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're keeping the lines of communication open and that is key. I wish I had kept the lines of communication more open when my kids were young. I can tell now that they're all adults which ones I was more communicative with because we talk the most. Christian is very lucky to have such a supportive family, and great move on the essential oil. Was it really the oil or the power of suggestion? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...