Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

It is Friday and you all know what that means? Yep, you guessed it, time to fess up. Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday.

I confess...

I received some great news last weekend, I have been bursting to share.  My sister, Lisa, who is exactly to the day one year younger than I am, is getting married!  I am thrilled for her.  She deserves happiness.


Picture above is the two of us at my wedding reception in 1988.


I confess...

Not only will I be at her wedding but I will be marrying her.  I became ordained nearly nine years ago to marry a friend and her boyfriend who became black op officer.  They wanted to just have the legal paperwork but no ceremony, this way if something happened to him, she will receive the benefits.  This will also allow them to have the big Catholic Wedding she always wanted a few years later and they did.  I love seeing their happy pictures and beautiful children growing up.  This will be my first official service though and I am not nervous one bit because it is for my sister.

I confess...

The month of August flew by so quickly.  I really miss the beautiful scenery of the west but we are decorating one of the walls in the spare room with photographs I took from vacations, so all I need to do is go into the room and enjoy the view once again. 

I confess...

Nothing else is happening to confess about except that IOWA HAWKEYE FOOTBALL season officially begins tomorrow and everyone is all excited.  GO HAWKS!

Watch for an additional post tonight for my Literally Friday post.

What do you have to confess this week?

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister! And that is awesome that you get to perform the ceremony. I went online to get ordained, just because, but I never followed up. Did you have to do anything special to get your ordination? I wish I could say August went fast for me, but way too much happened. And September hasn't started off so great, what with our truck breaking down, and me still being in PT, recovering from my wreck, too. Going to look at cars this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your sister! How exciting that you will get to marry them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your sister! That's exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your sister, and to you for getting to be the officiant. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals