Monday, October 19, 2015

Family...Somebody That I Used to Know


Have you ever felt like you have been living in a dream?  Sometimes I feel like that, lately I see all the conflict in my family and just want to scream and tell them to stop because we are family.   Conflict every where, my side of the family, my husband's side of the family, occasionally within our family.  One thing I am grateful for is the loving support of Todd and our children.

My Family...I am from a family of addictions.  I have posted how my Dad used to be an alcoholic and he was abusive but found his way.  I used to be in a marriage of abuse and found the strength to leave for my boys.  I have a couple of sisters who are addicts as well.  One of them has Grave's Disease and if she does not stop smoking she will be blind.  She is trying to be with the father of her son who will be 19 years old next month.  This man has been in prison most of this time.  This relationship is creating a major riff between my family.  I have two sisters who are at odds with one another.  One refuses to be around the other.  It made things very difficult going through our Dad's belongings.  I look at them and they are not the same people one bit I used to know.  I hold on to memories and have a hard time to let go because I want love and peace in all of our lives.

My husband's family...Thankfully there is no addictions on his side but there is the jealousy green monster. A huge riff has been created and now it looks like the holidays will be different.  I cannot go into to much about it but it is causing pain to my husband.

I think Christian's conflict with everything has taken it's toll with the children.  I am seeing more bickering and I hope it ends quick. 

Family means everything to Todd and I and maybe this is why everyone bickering and turning away from one another as if they do not exist or someone they used to know is crazy.  My Mom is doing this to one of my sisters.  My sister is doing this to the same sister.   My husband's family are doing this with one another as well, blocking one another on their phones.  How can family become this way?  They are becoming people they just used to know...




I am finding my strength more in my devotions to get through this bump in the road and plan to make my family's holiday the best yet.  Extended family means everything but if they don't want to come, they are only hurting themselves because we are going to concentrate on LOVE and FAMILY.

Untitled



4 comments:

  1. I hope things get better for both sides. And that you can all celebrate the holidays together and have a wonderful time w/ no bickering! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every family has something going on. So sorry you are experiencing such distress. I have this song on my iTunes. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, my brothers and I used to bicker like crazy. It took about 28 years before that died down. We still spat occasionally, but we're all pretty dang close now. I'm sure your boys will figure out the meaning of family when they get past their hormone years. :)

    As for your extended family...I'm glad it's not between you and Todd! That stuff is frustrating, for sure, but also something you can avoid, which is a relief! Let them figure out their dramas. Sometimes it takes years, but eventually people figure it out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone, my friend. Remember that the power is in you to have the relationship with your family that YOU want. You can control that. You just plan for the holidays as you said....that sounds like a good plan to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...