Friday, December 11, 2015

Book Review~ Starting from Scratch


Starting from Scratch



This time of season is the perfect time to read Starting from Scratch by Stacy Gail. The main characters are Lucy Crabtree and Lieutenant Sully Jax.  The two used to be married and the Christmas prior was when Sully announced his plan to go on another tour of duty and promised it would be his last.  Lucy was so angry with him and did not send her love when he left.  Sully saved his unit during an IED attack but was injured and lost his memory.  He could not remember Lucy when he woke and asked for a divorce.  The book is how Lucy was beginning to move on but was so hurt from losing the man she loved she dedicated herself to a cookie baking business. The business was just starting to take off during the holiday but Sully came back and she had difficulties focusing, she could not deny how much love she still has for him, but she had to guard her heart because he breaks it every time she see him. 

Sully realizes something inside of him could not let Lucy go and he craved her sweet cookies.  Every time he took a bite he finds love for Lucy as well and it was not just her cookies if you know what I mean he was enjoying.  There were a few steamy chapters but tactfully done.  They realize they both want to rebuild their life with one another.

This book, I had a hard time getting into it at first.  It was too cliche in the beginning for me but it ended up being an okay book. 

What have you been reading? I am linking this up to Art@Home's linky party. You can click on the icon below to find other book reviews or if you write book reviews you are welcome to join in on the party and add your review for others to enjoy.




Untitled

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading Cross Justice right now. I started a book called the Dante Confession (I think that was the title), and I got through about 4 or 5 chapters and just couldn't get into it, but I love James Patterson, so I really like the book I'm reading now. Prior to that I read Raging Heat (A Richard Castle book, from the TV show Castle). I miss talking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to curl up with a book. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading tons of Christmas books, too. If you have a chance, please link-up today because I have the linky live since we're home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...