Tuesday, December 1, 2015

TMNT Ornaments


As long as Taj will allow me, I want to start a tradition with my grandchildren and since Taj is my only grandchild he is the only one who is going to be doing this little project.  I am starting a tradition to make Christmas ornaments with my grandchild every year.  This year I found this on Pinterest.

This is going to happen this year.Great craft for my TMNT boys:

The directions were simple but I did not think a four year old should be dealing with hot glue, nor would he be patient enough for glue to dry so I used different supplies.  I used the four green glass ornaments but I picked up red, blue, purple, and orange washi tape.  I thought this would be perfect for a young child.  I also picked up adhesive google eyes. 


I have different plans for the red and the white ornaments.  I am trying to decide if I should wait for next year or to make them on my own this year.  I guess time will tell.  :P
I cut a piece of the tape long enough to wrap around the ornament and then Taj and I pressed it onto the ornament.  Then I took the google eye and showed Taj where to place the first one after the initial eye, he needed no help.  He wanted to play with them. 


I added red ribbon to hang the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TMNT) ornaments onto the tree.  Taj took them home to hang on his tree.  He was so happy which made me happy.  
 

This was a Easy Peasy project to do with a four year old.  It was quick and perfect for a busy little boy.

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. how cute and fun! This year, my bf and I are doing a Harry Potter theme for our tree so I'll have to try a DIY like this for our ornaments - thanks for the idea!

    stop by and chat ♥ http://storybookapothecary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter made these and sold them at a local craft fair - they were a hit and super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! How cute! And what a fun project for you and Taj to do together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.