Sunday, January 31, 2016

Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE
Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday.


Forgive me, my friends it has been awhile since I have confessed AND it is not Friday.  My last confessional was December 5th.   Here it goes.

I confess...

I  began something new this month and it is working out great. We have Taj every other weekend which makes my weekly shopping a nightmare. I now plan our dinner menu for two weeks and shop two weeks at a time minus fresh veggies or additional milk.  I will pick them up on my way home. I drive by three grocery stores and a quick pick up is not bad.

I confess...

This weekend the stores were packed in preparation of the storm.

I confess...

My oldest has volunteered so many hours for the candidate of his choice. Almost as many hours as a full time job.

I confess...

He is very angry he will not be able to attend the Iowa caucus on Monday because he had to fly out to Las Vegas for a wok conference. He was informed a week after the deadline to sign up for absentee voting.

I confess...

I am ready for it to be over but it really is just beginning. I hate the annoying automatic calls to my cell phone, which I find ironic since it is against a Federal Law where one cannot automatic dial cell phones.

I confess...

I am NOT for Donald Trump but I am against those who threw tomatoes at him in my beloved city. It is not how we act.

I confess...

I love hearing the younger generation's excitement over the primary.  I will respect them all even if my opinion differs because they are doing what they should be doing by getting involved.  One of my co-workers I trained and he sits across from me since my promotion.  His excitement for Monday is so contagious and he requested to be off work early to attend.  I love his passion.  He posted this picture on Saturday and it is now his profile picture.  I can just hear him come Monday telling me all about it.  Look he is so happy in the picture.

 

I confess...

A major Winter Storm is head our way. Depending on what station we can have anywhere from a mixture of ice and snow from six to twenty inches.  The one  thing they all agree is blizzard conditions. The worse of it is supposed to be late Monday night into Tuesday morning.

I confess...

I hope the politicians get out before it hits or they can use this as their campaign theme song...



What do you have to confess about?

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jolene, are you ready for the big storm? We are due for a big one, so I'm ready :) Not sure if one of the stores you go by is HyVee and not sure if they do this. But our HyVee here in Algona let's you call in your grocery order and they will get them ready for you. And all you have to do is pick them up or have them delivered. Not sure how much they charge to do this because I've never used it. But it's something you may want to look into. Stay safe and warm! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...