Sunday, January 10, 2016

Literary Friday ~ Larger Than Life




I wanted a quick read so I purchased this little eBook Novella Larger Than Life.  I need to take my time and read a little more about the reviews.  This little quick read was good but I did not realize it was a prequel to Leaving Time.  I am definitely going to read this one because of the little teaser I completed.   Nice work Jodi Picoult, smart move. 

I enjoyed how the author intertwined the past and the present.  The main character, Alice Metcalf, who is a naturalist and is living on a game reserve in Botswana to view the animals in their natural habitat.  One day she comes across a herd of elephants who were mascaraed and left a young calf.  Alice knew without helping this poor calf, the calf would die as well.  Alice chose to risk her dream career to try to save the calf.  During this process she comes to understand more about the love of being a parent.  The flashback memories we have a look how Alice and her mother have conflicting relationship.  I would recommend this little book.  I enjoyed learning facts about elephants and how determined Alice is.   Now, I have to get Leaving Time to read about her next adventure. 

What have you been reading? I am a little late but I am linking this up to Art@Home's linky party. You can click on the icon below to find other book reviews or if you write book reviews you are welcome to join in on the party and add your review for others to enjoy.
 
Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I'm very intrigued with this prequel and the book Leaving Time. I'm going to see what the availability is at the library! Oh, I checked out a tiny little book that is supposed to be scary. I'll share about it in two weeks or so….I think You'll be interested in this one!

    Thanks for linking-up!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals