Wednesday, January 13, 2016

This Week's Random Rambling

This is going to be a very Random Rambling post.  Ready? Set. Go!

SPORTS


2015 was a very good year for the house's favorite teams.  Our Cubs went further than expected.  They finished the season with the third-best record in baseball and won the 2015 National League Division.  They made it to the National League play offs but did not fair well.  The Cy Young Award went to Jake Arrieta who also pitched a no hitter this year. The Rockie of the Year Award went to Kris Bryant. Joe Maddon won Manager of the Year.  That is three of the four major awards going to the Chicago Cubs!   Next year's team should be good as well, please stay healthy.


Iowa Hawkeyes Football team had a very good year too.  They went 12-0 during the regular season and won the Big 10 Western Division lost the Big 10 championship in the last few seconds of the game.  They were ahead nearly the entire game.   Our boys did not play their best at the Rose Bowl.  I am not sure what happened but they did not come to live until the 4th quarter.  I am still very proud of this team.  They had an excellent season no matter what the press said about them.

Speaking about the Rose Bowl, the Stanford Marching Band totally disgust me.  I would not be proud one bit having this marching band with my school name.  They are band from flying and now band from away games for awhile and should be.  They did not uphold the Rose Bowl's prestige one bit and the way they made fun of the state of Iowa and farmers, just sickened me.  It not only did it anger Iowans and farmers but even ESPN had enough and pulled away from their performance.

WORK

I am really enjoying my new position so far.  I just love where I work and it makes me so happy.  I do have a few more stressful days since the promotion but it is still rewarding.  This weekend is our Holiday party and I cannot wait. 


HOME

I struggle with Christian (a.k.a Noah) from time to time.  Last night was not pretty and lead to only two hours of sleep.  It is so hard to look at a child you love with your entire heart and know you cannot trust him and that he chooses to have basically no relationship with you.  I think he is definitely my most challenging child and test every part of me as a mother and as a person.  I hope he is able to figure this out one day.  I really do worry about him.



SHOWS

Todd and I have gone to three movies in the past few weeks.  We typically do not go to the movie theater often due to the cost.  The first one was opening weekend for Star Wars Awakening I really enjoyed it and it reminded me of the first three movies.  Next we saw Hateful Eight again I enjoyed this one.  I love Quentin Tarantino movies, there is something about them.  Finally we took Taj to Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip I enjoyed it and it was a cute movie but I think Taj became bored with it although he talks about it still.  He loved it when Dave yells, "Alllviiiiiin!"  

Todd and I are also watching The Americans on Netflix.  I am surprised how much I like this show.  I find myself thinking about it every now and then during the day.

Well I think that is enough of my ramblings for today.  I hope you all are staying warm because it is freezing here in the Heartland. 

Untitled 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite kind of post - this and that nothing major but all little pieces to the quilt of our lives.
    I'm sorry to read about Noah. I thought things were better or improved but I guess one day is in other day is out. I don't know you long ago to know or even try to understand what lies within your - you and his - story but I would advise you to keep on that loving and caring path. If he doesn't appreciate or care the fault is NOT your. Ever. And in those 2 hours of sleep you can sleep well knowing you go beyond your best in the remaining 22 hours of the day.
    We don't go out for movies. One is expensive and we prioritize that kids do enjoy those outings with friends and family. As for shows I watch too many already - well, when they're between series I don't say so ahahahah - but I will check the one you suggest.
    Hugging you close Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that your work continues to be rewarding! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals