Friday, February 19, 2016

Random Rambling~ Happy List~ Confession Mash Up *Plus A Recipe*

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE
Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday.



I confess ...

February is flying by and I have not had time to blog let alone read lately.

I confess...

I am going to try to work out a night to just read blogs.

I confess...

The following is rambling and Happiness mixed...Here I go.

WORK

My promotion is taking a lot of my time.  I am so busy, I do not have the opportunity for my breaks any more.  My colleagues do not listen when I tell them I am at lunch when I sit at my desk.  They will say oh, this is quick or a quick question so I have to take off from my desk (most of the time I only get 10 minutes of my 30 minutes.) If I do not take off then I have none.  I used to blog and read blogs during my lunch and breaks.  *sad face*  I still enjoy my job, it is just very demanding and has been stressful the past couple of weeks.

FAMILY

The past two weekends we have gone to Todd's nephew's wrestling meets.  I guess he is my nephew too.  Any way, two weeks ago we also got to see our new great nephew.  Todd's sister became a Grandma for the first time and we got to see him at the meets.  He was only 2 weeks
It was so fun holding a little baby again.  I think I held him for close to 2 hours.  My arms started to fall asleep.  I was able to repeat the following weekend at his uncle's Regional Meet.

Austin is a Junior this year and he made it to the qualifying round last year at State. This year prior to the Regional he was ranked 1 in his district and 7th in the State at his weight class.  The final match at the Regional Tournament he was against the boy ranked 6th in the state and Austin won.  He is now the Regional champ.  This week is State Wrestling Tournaments.  He won his match yesterday and today he is matched up with number 2 in the state.  Good Luck Austin!
 

VALENTINE'S DAY

Todd and I wanted to get away for Valentine's Day.  We were thinking Chicago, St Louis, or Minneapolis but settled on Coralville, it's basically home.  The weather was unpredictable and with it being Valentine's weekend I did not want to ask my older son's to give up their plans to stay with Christian, so we stuck to home and just stayed at the Marriott.  Ethan and his girlfriend spent the night at our house this way Christian was not left alone.  We had a nice relaxing time.  Todd surprised me with the package he reserved. He had these delivered to our room.
We still have not opened the champagne yet.  We then went to Konomi's where we had reservations.  It is a Japanese restaurant which is supposed to have the best sushi.  I must say the reviews are spot on.  The next day, Valentine's Day, we went to work out together at our new gym.  We left the Core because we never attended any of the classes since we both have new work schedules.  We are now members of Planet Fitness.  It is about $50 cheaper a month and we have access to all the equipment we were using at the Core.  We can schedule time with a personal trainer free.  The only down fall is no swimming pool, so no water exercises but that was the class I could never participate with at the Core so I guess I am not missing out.  We then came home and Todd gave me this.
He always does a nice job with spoiling me on Valentine's Day.  It was just the two of us for dinner and this rarely happens.  I made a special dinner for us.  It is a one pot dish Zucchini, Mushroom, and Pasta. I adjusted my noodles for Valentine's Day. 
 
I will post the recipe at the bottom of the post.  I set the table with my beautiful new dishes (The second time we have used them.) paired it with a small salad and told Todd dinner was ready.  I was just reaching for the candles when he came in.  (Todd is not perfect and you will see here a flaw of his.  I love him although once in a great while he irritates me.)  He smiled and said thanks he was going to eat in the bedroom because he was playing a poker tournament on the computer, however if he ended up losing and dinner was not over he would be back.  YEP!  That just happened on Valentine's Day, so I ate my romantic dinner alone.

I confess...

I am going to attempt to post another blog this weekend to link up to Art@Home's Literary Friday.

Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Cremini mushrooms
  • 2 cloves Garlic
  • 1 lb of spaghetti noodles (I substituted the heart shaped noodles)
  • 2 sprigs Thyme
  • 2 Zucchini 
  • Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1/2 c of Half and Half
  • 1/3 c of shredded Parmesan Cheese
Directions:
  1. In a large pot over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini,  garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste. 
  2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. 
  3. Stir in Parmesan and Half and Half. Serve immediately.

What do you have to confess?  What is making you happy this week?

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. I confess that I'm jealous you got to get away for the Valentine's Day weekend....
    I really need a break!
    Congrats to Austin. YAY!!! :) Great happy list, btw....
    So happy that you're enjoying your job even though it's keeping you so busy.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Valentine's Day (good job, Todd!)- I'm so glad you were able to get out and have a little date night time. :)
    Also, holding babies- the world's cure for everything. He's quite a cutie!

    I have found, in every job, that if I take lunch at my desk everyone assumes I am available 24/7. I strongly, strongly advise against taking lunch at your desk (or even in your office building). People will take advantage, and they may not even realize it, and it will negatively affect your well-being. Even if you fall behind on workload, having that space to stretch your brain (and legs) and get away from the screen is so very, very important. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...