Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Confessional ~ Work and Car

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE
Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love. She host this little party every Friday.

I confess...

I am going to participate at least monthly with Friday Confessional again.

I confess...

The last few days in March and beginning of April was very hectic but ended up being very rewarding.  My Supervisor was on vacation for 6 days of work, which meant the Team Lead was in charge.  That would be me.  I had to do my duties (not all as soon as I would have liked) and some of her duties.

I confess...

I know I do not want to be a supervisor from this experience.  It was so stressful to meet the speed of answer with as many people calling in and not coming to work. We have an attendance issue.

I confess...

My Supervisor and Client Service Representative really surprised me by recognizing how well I did by giving me a Visa gift card.  My Supervisor also nominated me for a Perk Nomination which is one hour off of work paid.  I love where I work.

I confess...

During this stressful time, I had to deal with people at work who are battling depression and break downs.  This is where the very stressful came in because I never had a break from dealing with this due to Noah was acting up as well during this time.

I confess...

I bought a treat for all of my co-workers to reward all of their hard work while our Supervisor was on vacation.  We were able to work hard with and meet our metrics and earn our company a bonus for the quarter.  It was not an easy task since so many people called in.  I am very proud of most of my co-workers who showed respect to me and worked hard.


I confess...

I also had to do some repairs to my car, over $600 and was told I have nearly $3000 more.  One of the repairs needed to be done by the end of May and would be a little more than $1000 for this repair alone.  Oh, that was not the worse of it either.  As I was driving home last Friday, I had no break pressure, hardly any breaks.  This was not on the list at all.  The next day, we went window shopping for a new car for me and came home with this.  I am in love with it.


I confess...

The Joint Emergency Communication Center in Johnson County ( 9-1-1 Dispatch Center) won Team Telecommunicators of the Year in the state of Iowa.  They won after Todd nominated the team who worked the night of the shooting at the mall.
I attended the banquet and award ceremonies.  They also recognized dispatchers who have over 20 years of service.
Annie has been there for 25 years.  Todd has been at the convention all week.  I am happy he came home last night.

I confess...

Tuesday, was Noah's first day of his new job.  He found a job for the Summer basically.  He is working at Heyn's Ice Cream Shop.  He is super excited and his mood is much better now.


What do you have to confess this week?

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new vehicle! :D I wish my car troubles got me into a new ride. :) And yay for Noah having a job. You have good stuff happening here Jolene and I couldn't be happier. :) Yay YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was in hopes to have an additional 8 months with no car payments but when the repairs will total over 4K what is 8 months early? Thanks for sticking with me.

      Delete
  2. Fun post. I need to participate soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.