Thursday, June 2, 2016

June Goals


The Monthly Goals: a Goals Linky Party at My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen's World

RECAP OF MAY GOALS
  • Celebrate Matthew's Birthday  SUCCESS - We celebrated a week later due to Matthew having all four wisdom teeth pulled and he then developed dry socket.  OUCH.  Everyone was able to get together and his choice for dinner was Tacos.
  • Celebrate Joshua's Birthday  SUCCESS - We celebrated the last Sunday in May because Joshua was in South Dakota for work the weekend of his birthday.
  • Celebrate my cousin's daughter graduating  SUCCESS - It was so nice to see some of my cousins and an aunt.  My cousin limited who she invited to have a drama free party.
  • Celebrate Mother's Day SUCCESS - We went to see Todd's Mom the day before and the weekend after we went to Des Moines to visit with my Mom.  Me, it was low key and I was perfectly fine with that.
  • Go to the Tulip Festival (weather permitting) SUCCESS - I loved it and was able to cross off something from both my bucket list as well as 55 x55 list.  You can read about it by clicking here.
  • Complete the pillow cases for the spare bedroom  FAILURE - No excuses I just did not do it.  I still need to buy the lace.
  • Make-over the corner stand  FAILURE - I did not even start it.  I am sort of having second thoughts, so I need to think a little more about it.
  • Complete one Pinterest project IN PROGRESS - it will definitely be completed in the month of July.  I cannot wait to share my Fairy Garden.
  • Complete one book.  IN PROGRESS -  Nearly Complete
  • Work out 5 out of the 7 days in the gym.  IN PROGRESS - I worked out 3 of the 7 days a week.  Improvement but I need to do better.
  • Complete Seasonal Paintings.  IN PROGRESS - 2 of the 4 panels are done.
  • Finalize vacation plans  FAILURE - This must be done soon.
  • Plan trips around Iowa. FAILURE - We just have not had time to sit down and plan anything this month.
  • Plant more flowers and complete the Butterfly garden. SUCCESS -  I will be posting pictures soon.  My Butterfly/Hummingbird garden is complete. 
  • Plant my flowers in my planters. SUCCESS - Planted
  • Work on re-organizing my blog.  IN PROGRESS - I have a lot of post to work through
I feel like May flew by.  A lot of activities and a lot of accomplishments.  One thing I need to improve is the working out.  I have to have success here.  I am in hopes weight off will help the diabetes and the high blood pressure.  I am still struggling with trying to cook healthy meals between sodium and carbohydrates, for now we are strictly eating chicken breast and salad, with occasionally salmon.

JUNE GOALS
  • Complete the 4 Seasons Painting.
  • Decorate the wall above the headboard.
  • Finish planning for our vacation.
  • Plan some trips around Iowa
  • Attend the Arts Festival.
  • Celebrate Taj's 5th Birthday
  • Work on becoming healthier.
  • Complete the throw pillow for the spare bedroom.
  • Finish Fairy Garden
  • Finish another Pinterest Project.
  • Work on re-organizing my blog
  • Post in my Garden blog.
  • Try to find what is biting us while we are in bed.  I think I am afraid to find out the results of this goal.

What type of goals do you have this month?

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. I love your goal lists and I cannot wait to see your Fairy Garden. I've thought about doing one but that's as far as it's ever gotten with me. I'm so happy you had so many happy celebratory moments to enjoy. Happiness and celebrations are a good thing! We all need more of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope all is well for you too. I will be posting about it on Monday.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see your butterfly/hummingbird garden and your fairy garden! Enjoy the beautiful summer month ahead and best of luck on your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in all your goals this month! I'm trying to get healthier with a steps challenge this month, but after that I'm hoping to introduce something that requires a bit more effort like running or the gym. Congrats on making 3 days a week, it's harder than a lot of people think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals