Saturday, June 18, 2016

Random Rambling ~ Celebrating, Gardens, New Neighbors, Camping, Health, and Moving


June, can you believe we are nearly half way through the month already.  Nearly half way through the year!   Time is flying so fast.  June has been a busy month so far.  I am struggling with the being healthy part. My sugar levels are all over the place, the highest has been 148 but my lowest has been 49.  I made too much of a drastic change where the sodium levels in me are too low between that and the low sugar levels I felt like I was out of it and so forgetful.  I hate it.  I have to work on one thing then the other.  I don't know what is worse, the sugar levels or the blood pressure being 143-156.  The doctor will help me though.

We celebrated Taj's 5th Birthday.   Yes, my darling grandson is now 5.  Time is going by so fast with this little guy.  This year's birthday Mama wanted to do everything on her own.  The day of the party, she told me never to listen to her again because she needs the help.  (Awh... I am here for you any time.)  She did a great job though.  His party was at our neighborhood park.  She bought pizza and cake.  The kids played, ate, and celebrated.

 
 
 Taj playing soccer.
 Below: Noah and Kameron on the left. 
On the right Madi (Ethan's girlfriend) and Ethan
 
 Below: Kameron (Emily's boyfriend) playing with the boys.
 I just love his smile!
 
 

Our gardens are in full swing now.

 
 We do some container gardening too.
One corner of our garden: Broccoli, Cabbage,
Chinese Cabbage, and Lettuce 

We have new neighbors in our neighborhood.  I have noticed we have less squirrels and the rabbit population is down.  Oh, don't worry I still see squirrels but not in groves like they were and now we may see five rabbits in our backyard compared to a couple of dozen.  Here is a picture of our new neighbors.

 
Yes, we have a pair of Great Horned Owls.  This picture I am standing in the door frame of our back porch and deck.  The tree is next to our deck.  We definitely have to watch out and not allow the cats on the deck any more.  They primarily hunt at night but they are also known to hunt during the day.  This one's companion was on the ground by my butterfly/hummingbird garden.  Todd said the wing span was nearly 3 feet.  (I hope they do not scare the hummingbirds away.)

I have learned Great Horned Owls do not only Hoo Hoo Hoooo at night.  They can screech and screech like ever 10-15 minutes, it was difficult to sleep in our back yard.  What?  Yes, we did a little one night camp out with Taj to see how he would do.  He was awesome.  Now once the weather cools down some we are going to go with whatever kids can go and Taj camping one weekend.  I am so excited for this.

 He loved the campfire.
He enjoyed the tent.  We used our small tent 
we bought for camping in Yellowstone last year.

Raising children to be independent is what we parents do.  I am proud of each one of my children, biological and step, and sometimes growing up means moving.  They have to follow their dreams and do what is right but it does not mean a parent has to be happy about it.  Wait, that is wrong, I am happy for the opportunity but I am not happy how far the opportunity is for this child.  My second oldest, Joshua very much impressed his higher management when he went to help open the new center in South Dakota, so much they wanted to do everything in their power to keep him and McKenzie working for them.  The two will be transferring to Florida.  They will be working at two different centers and live in between.  Joshua will have a 45 minute drive and McKenzie a 35 minute drive.  They will be moving 30 hours away from us.  When I first found out about this two weeks ago, I was trying to mentally prepare myself because I was told it would happen some time in October or December, things have changed.  It will be within 30 days now.  This will be our first moving out of state.  I am happy for him but a little piece of my heart will be moving to Florida.

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Wow Taj sure has grown up, hasn't he? What a handsome lit'l guy! :) I'm happy the part went well. It sounds like the perfect party to me. I'm sending you hugs from Idaho because I know how it feels to have a piece of your heart living elsewhere. I have 6 pieces living 2000 miles away and I miss them more than words can say but you get through it, day by day and moment by moment. I pray A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taj is such a cutie. Love your garden and the owl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.