Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I'm Back!

Hello...remember me?  I know I have been away for awhile.  This post is a little catch up and then I plan to go visit my favorite blogs.  I took the time to heal and I have missed blogging as well as my blog friends.

July and August were rough one and I had to take time away to regroup and heal.  Right before the 4th of July I found out Joshua was moving to Florida a lot sooner than he had expected.  This is the first of our children to move further than 30 minutes away. Joshua broke the envelope and moved 22 hours away from us.  Although I miss him incredibly it was a great move for him. He has already been promoted to Management and his future looks bright with this company.

Matthew has been struggling since his OUI.  I think he is on the right track.  Noah...er Christian lost his job and was slipping into his depression but pulled out quickly.  Ethan feared he was not going to be able to go back to school but he figured it out and was able to pull it off.  He has a very full schedule.  He and Matthew moved August 1st just down the street from where they were living. It's definitely an improvement for their old apartment.

July 30th Emily and her boyfriend, Kameron moved into a house together and picked up another puppy.  Her boyfriend was a manager at the Sears near us but they closed the store just days before the kids actually moved.  Kameron is now working where I work and is on my team.  I think they are a cute couple and love how comfortable he is with the family because, well he is family now too.  Kera and Taj also moved August 1.  They moved about 20 minutes away in a different city but they are still in the corridor.  Taj began Kindergarten in August.  

He is so excited.  We see him less now that we don't pick him up from daycare.  We only see him every Thursday and every other weekend we watch him on both Saturday and Sunday.  The other weekend for now Kera and Taj will come over on Sundays for dinner but I have a feeling when the weather changes they won't make the drive.  My marriage had some problems but I know Todd really wants our marriage to work.  He has shown me this.  Our vacation was not as healing as we had hoped none from our efforts the weather was against us and it was also during Todd's birthday.  He did not handle turning 50 well.

I began taking herbal treatments for depression and it seems to be working.  I am not crying constantly, so many changes all at once and who knows maybe I am in a little bit of a midlife crisis myself with my 50th being about 3 months away.  I just finally uploaded pictures from our vacation. I plan to blog about it.  As I said I was fighting the blues and it took everything I had to get out of bed.  I did have some good days and plan to share.  One was labor day weekend.  The Friday before I was preparing some 7 layered dip to take to work and I had a surprise visitors.  Joshua and McKenzie came back for a week.  They spent a few days here in Iowa City. McKenzie was in a wedding.  

They spent a couple of days with her family near Des Moines.  He came up Labor Day weekend and that Saturday most of the family went camping.  Christian and a friend of his, Ethan, Emily and Kameron and their dogs, Todd and myself and Taj all stayed the night. Kera is not into camping but she stopped by dinner and the campfire. Joshua and McKenzie were there for an hour or so in the afternoon and then left for the wedding rehearsal and dinner, after dinner they stopped by again for a few hours as we sat by the campfire.  Matthew was the only one who could not make it because of work.  
 We had two campsites.  The tent above had the boys in it. Next to it in a little pup tent (not pictured) was the tent Kameron and Emily and the dogs had.  Below is the tent Todd, Taj, and I had.  We brought our ladder ball and yard darts.  We had a great time.

I also recently upgraded my phone where I have more memory and have discovered the world of Snap Chat.  I just love that app/social media.  I have to look every day to see what is new and take a picture or record something funny.  Great for depression.

 
 
Now, I must go and catch up with you all.  I will post regularly again. I have missed you my friends.

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Happy you're back!!! I hope your fall is better than your summer. It seems like it's going to be!

    xo,
    RJ

    PS I can't believe Taj has started Kindergarten. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. No wonder you've been gone. I TOTALLY get it Jolene. Wow. All those moves and adjustments. I'm surprised you didn't tell us that now you're an alcoholic because I may very well have been one! I'm sorry for the marriage bumps and I hope you get back on track soon. - I recently started medication for my anxiety, depresssion, adult ADHD and it's been a tremendous help. I actually sleep more than an hour a night. Go me. And then the doc added another one because apparently combined they are a weight loss combo and keeps the smoking cravings at bay. - I'm so happy you're back Jolene and thank you for sharing all of this. I cannot believe Taj is in kindergarten. Where did that time go?? - Love those Snapchat pics. I had that app on my phone for a split second to go back n' forth with the kids but that didn't last long. Lol.. I hope you'll continue to blog and share. I think blogging is theraputic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi. My doctor did want to put me on medication but I feared the weight gain side effect since I have to lose for health reasons. Go you for getting everything taken care of. I do agree blogging is therapeutic. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jolene
    I've missed you too. I've been very caught up in our daughter's wedding planning. I can't believe how grown up Taj is too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.