Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Highlight From This Summer ~ St Louis / Paul McCartney


I cannot believe I did not share my post about our trip to St Louis this summer yet.  I was able to cross off one of my 55 x 55/ bucket list with our trip to St Louis but the primary reason we went placed this trip to the top.  If you have been following me for awhile here in blogville or if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you will know what a huge fan I am of Paul McCartney.  I was lucky to be able to have a dream come true and see Paul McCartney in concert back in 1990.  A few years ago, he played in Chicago around our anniversary.  Todd tried to get tickets but was not successful.  This past summer Paul McCartney toured again.  We wanted to go to Wisconsin and see him but I was not able to get time off from work, however we were able to score tickets to the show he played in St Louis.  August 13, 2016, I was lucky to see Paul McCartney for a second time and this time I was able to enjoy it with my soul mate.  On Saturday, we drove down to St Louis and enjoyed the concert.  Todd was amazed with the performance and told me this was the best concert he has ever been too. He knew I was a huge fan and was amazed that I sung to just about every single song played.  He made a comment about how I was dancing in my seat as well.  *smile*  What can I say?  I was into the concert but this time I was also very happy to be with Todd to enjoy this with.






I love this man who has been performing for 6 decades now but I love the man who sat next to me enjoying this concert with me more.   I was worried about the rain because the rain has ruined many of our outdoor plans this summer but the rain held off that day and night and the weather was perfect for an outdoor concert, even if it was in the home stadium for the Cardinals.  

The next day we planned to go up the St Louis Gateway Arch, another activity on my 55x55 list and Bucket List.  Todd has been up it a few times but did it again for me.  Of course it was raining that day.  Below is our selfie that day while we were at the top of the arch.  We pretended we were scared.  I looked like I was a scared drowned rat.  (ha ha ha)  I am not sure if you can tell but I am wearing my new Paul McCartney Concert T-Shirt.  *smile*


As I said it rained so the view was not so beautiful to take pictures but I did want to have pictures taken.  



I had to zoom in on the stadium.  It was before noon and the stage was nearly taken down from the night prior.


Construction is going on behind court house.  The last time we were there for NCAA Wrestling Tournament it was a place of a beautiful garden.  I cannot wait to see what it will look like once completed.  We plan to see another tournament within the next two year.


The St Louis trip was my high light of the Summer, seeing Paul McCartney perform once again was such another dream come true.


Untitled

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I bet that was a great concert! Yay you two for being able to go! I've never been to St. Louis, my lit'l sis went to school there. Nor have I ever seen Paul McCartney in concert. Boo. I'm happy your crossing things off of your list! I need to make a list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals