Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Goodies

One year for Christmas I did very little baking, maybe just the cookies and pretzels and the children were not happy one bit.  It was 2014 and well it was an awful year and I was so sick during Christmas.   This was a lesson to me, there are certain things I have to make every year in order to make the children happy and well that is what I want to do.  This year I made just those bear necessities and less quantity as well.  I do not need all of the temptation around.

 I only left out one thing, and that is the Buck Eye Candy and that was just added maybe five years ago.  This year I filled their containers and there is very little left over for Christmas Eve and if any makes it Christmas.  To me this is the perfect amount.  I had not energy to bake this year.  My hours working makes it a tad harder to accomplish everything I want to do, so I just stuck to reality.

This year's goodies (all recipes can be found in my recipe tab) included:
  • Decorated Sugar Cookies
  • Peanut Butter Blossoms
  • Almond Bark  Pretzels
  • Holiday Hug Pretzels
  • Milk Chocolate Fudge
  • Peanut Butter Fudge

I know they all will be happy.  Tonight our family gathers at our house, Todd's side of the family will be here as well.  I hope you all have time to spend with family and/or friends.

Do you have specific things you make for Christmas every year as a tradition?

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. The peanut butter blossoms look *divine* All of your treats look yummy! Merry Christmas, Sweet Friend!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I would eat all of that. The peanut butter fudge would be my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.