Friday, December 23, 2016

Our Christmas Tree ~ 2016


We typically have red and white lights on our tree both we had problems with our lights this year.  Half of the red lights and half of the white lights were not working, so Emily went to her place and brought over some old fashioned large bulbs Christmas lights.  We are a little concerned, even though they are both indoors and outdoors, the lights get very hot.  So hot we have a couple of spots where the carpet melted when we were swapping light bulbs for those that were not working.  We loved the look but will limit the time the lights are on and will not keep them on all week the week before Christmas and Christmas day.
 

I love our tree.  We have some old balls as well as new.   Here are a few close ups of some of our ornaments.

 Our tree has a lot of red and white decorations.
The top ornament is a new one we picked up during our trip to the North Pole Express.
Next to the new ornament you see a Dalmatian ornament peeking.
This was one of the children's ornaments years ago.  We also add candy canes that we pass out on Christmas Eve.  This is one of my boys favorite things about the tree.
 Of course we have an Iowa Hawkeye Christmas ornament.

 I love this little Santa Ornament.  His arms and legs dangle and move.
 The ornament on the left we have always had, the Cubs Ornament but we had
to pick up a new one to celebrate their World Series Championship.
I love how it is in the shape of a baseball as well.
I really love our tree this year.

I hope you have had the opportunity to look at my post this week and tour my house during this Christmas Season.  I plan to have another post today of my department's decorations.  Please stop by later and enjoy it.

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Definitely Christmas magic happening at your home. I love it. It's so festive. We still have our tree up. I just don't want to take it down..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...