Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved.
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon red whine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large serving bowl, toss together the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onion, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Let the salad stand for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.
Garden Green Beans & Bacon
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Panko Breading
- Set a steamer basket insert into a large saucepan and fill with water to a level just below the steamer. Bring to a boil. Add green beans, and steam to your desired degree of tenderness, or about 5 minutes.
- Once the beans have cooked, transfer them to a serving bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, white wine vinegar, Panko Breading and Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 c vinegar
- 2 T of sugar (or sweetener)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 t salt
- Dash of pepper
Directions:Slice thinly the cucumber. Thin slice onion and separate rings. Combine ingredients and pour over cucumber and onions. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
Our favorite snack this summer has been Tomato and Mozzarella. Here are a couple of versions of the same recipe basically.
Tomato and Mozzarella
- Fresh Tomato
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- Add the Balsamic Vinegar to a sauce pan and reduce over medium heat. You will need to keep your eye on this and stir often. It should reduce within 10 minutes but you do need to keep your eye on it or it can burn. Your reduction should be thick.
- While the Balsamic Vinegar is be reduced and in the beginning stages, wash tomato, then core and slice. I try to slice my tomatoes as thick as the mozzarella.
- Cut your fresh mozzarella. *Note: for convenience, I buy the tube kind which is pre-sliced. It makes it faster for our evening snack time also less work.
- Once reduction is done allow it to cool some. It will thicken while it is cooling.
- As the reduction is cooling layer your tomato and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the layers.
- Next drizzle your reduction.
Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella
Recipe is the same as above, only using cherry tomatoes. Do not slice the cherry tomato, you will make cuts nearly slicing allowing you to tuck the fresh mozzarella cheese into the slice you created in your cherry tomato. Again, you could add some fresh basil as well in between the slices as well. Once your cherry tomato has been stuffed and is beautifully fanned, place on your plate and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction.